Thursday, June 08, 2006

Gus 'n Us




Kathie and I drove to Minneapolis to stay overnight with Will and Sandy last Sunday evening. We delivered Will's birthday present--a workbench that I had made for him. The next morning, we drove on up to our place at the lake in Wisconsin. Along the way, we passed a chainsaw carving business that I had admired on several prior trips. This time we stopped, and as you will note in the pictures, we found a new friend that we spent at least an hour trying to name. His name is Gus, and his job, now that he is located at the entrance to our lake home, is to greet our guests (or not, depending on the mood he and we are in--please take note of the sign he is holding).

Our friends, David and Donna, are here with us. They arrived on Monday, shortly after we got here, and we have been having a great time. They go home tomorrow, but Kathie and I will be here until later June.

Wish you could be here to enjoy the peace and beauty with us. We are learning to fish the lake!!

TTFN

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Oh. I'm glad that sign has two sides. It took me a moment...