Sunday, November 22, 2009

Leaf Pile

I promised a sequel to "Dirt Pile", which was my last posting. I already have other things to post and need to get caught up. So, here is "Leaf Pile" the sequel I promised.

Every grandparent thinks their grandkids are the best in the world, and I'm no exception. For friends who have not seen this picture elsewhere, here is the entire troupe. Thanks to my daughter for sharing this picture. Getting them all into this pose proved to be a real challenge. You should see the dozen or so other attempted shots of this scene.

Two weeks ago, when the weekend weather was so nice, they all enjoyed playing in the leaf pile that Grandma quickly created with her leaf blower. I'll let the pictures mostly speak for themselves.


While his father and his cousin Henry head for the woods after a soccer ball that got away and Josey shows off her Iowa T-shirt, Anders heads for the leaf pile. He wasn't frightened at the prospect, but there was just enough breeze to give his hair the lift you see here.



Henry wasn't altogether sure about this part, in which his uncle or uncles decided that burying him in leaves might be fun. (For them or for him?)





No comments: