Thursday, August 11, 2011

Red Sox vs. Twins

Will invited me to join him at a Twins game Tuesday night. They were playing the Red Sox. At the time of my birthday a year ago, Will took me to a Twins/Yankees game, but we got rained out in the 5th inning, so I was eager to see an entire game at the new Target Field in downtown Minneapolis. It is a very nice stadium, and Will had gotten some terrific seats for us through a lottery system at General Mills. The food options were impressive too.

Here is local hero Joe Mauer at bat for the Twins. I believe he went 2 for 4 or 2 for 5 for the night. Alas, the Red Sox won for the second night in a row.

But what's not to like about having a chance to see a baseball game with your son, even if the Twins lost? As you can tell by this picture, it was a good night for the two of us. You can also tell I need to lose some weight!!


No comments: