Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Completed Sauna Frame

You will recall that Kathie and I left the sauna project just after completing all work except for the rafters. Will promised to send me a picture of the structure after he got the rafters put on, and here it is. I'm excited to see all these individual pieces of timber that we made together two years ago now assembled into what I think is a very attractive little building. I like the extra touches that Will put into the curves on the ends of the rafters and the top plates (the three pieces on which the rafters rest). Now he is left with related future projects: putting a roof on the rafters; building walls; adding insulation and siding; adding doors and windows; putting down porch deck boards; eventually adding a sauna stove; ... Sounds like more work! Sounds like more fun!


No comments: