Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Visitors

(I finally hit the wall on free Google storage for photographs for my blog site. So as of today, I'm an annual subscriber to 20G of additional storage for $5/year. Gosh, when I was a young computer science professional [nearly 50 years ago], that amount of storage would have cost an amount approaching the national debt. How things do change!

Also, since I'm behind on posting my stories, there will shortly be two additional postings after this one.)

As you may be able to tell, we are in northern Wisconsin at our home there. Last weekend, Gail, Greg and Vicki came for a visit and to do some snowmobiling. They rented two two-seaters, and so Kathie had her first adventure on one of these machines. (I was glad to stay back with the dogs and to do some cross-country skiing instead. I have not thought that I would enjoy tearing through the woods on a noisy machine, but I'm glad everyone else had fun. The economy up here sure needs these winter sports.)

Here are Gail and Greg about to head out.


Later, Kathie tried her hand at operating the snowmobile. She later told me that she preferred being the rider and watching the scenery.


Vicki and her mom both look quite fetching in their helmets!


Gail has just completed her checkout by the machine's owner/renter.


Later, back at the cabin, there was much puzzling.


Of course, we enjoyed a fish fry one evening, played Liar's Dice and Hand-and-Foot, and spent a little time in Hayward watching some of the Birkebeiner events. (By the way, compare these pictures to the ones I'll post in a bit about the snowfall we are currently getting.)


No comments: