Sunday, February 10, 2013

North for Winter

Sad to say, but we just can't seem to get a good, honest winter in Iowa anymore. All we get are wet, sloppy, gray messes, if that, and few really nice cold temperatures. So, our property in northern Wisconsin is a nice place to escape to in the winter, because we do get good snow and cool air up here.

I bought Kathie her first pair of snowshoes for Valentine's Day this year. What a nice, romantic gift you're probably saying! Here she is donning them for her first-ever outing.


She thinks they are quite light and easy to use. I was impressed at how quickly she took to them.


I had been out on mine yesterday for a hike up to the river entrance and back. Today, I did most of the perimeter of the bay on which we are located. I'm a little out of shape and need to re-lose some weight I gained during the holidays, so this has been good exercise, even though my muscles are complaining a little.


Here's Kathie in motion.


I snapped this shot of our place near the conclusion of this morning's hike. We are supposed to get more snow this afternoon and tonight. Looking forward to it.


1 comment:

MaggieP said...

Hi Bill and Kathie, love the video. You make the snow shoes look easy Kathie. I also took the liberty of stealing the pic of the cabin, it looks so good. Parcel coming soon from us. Love Margaret