Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Two Down; None to Go; A Hole to Fill

OK. I thought the second stump would be easier than the first one, because so much more of it seemed to be pulled loose.


I finally did get it to budge quite a bit, but then I couldn't pull it completely free.


Staring at it helps. One has to study where the remaining resistance might be.


A bit more digging and some additional root cutting.


Then success at last. Both stumps are now residing at the edge of the woods in the back part of our lot. Relatively out of sight. Both needed some persuasion in that regard, but I got them to cooperate.


Now I have to figure out where to get enough soil to fill the holes left behind by these guys!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You always had the power of persuasion, Bill. And that stare down always worked, too. Good job!