Monday, April 06, 2015

Spring Weekend

Jessica, Leo, and Maia came to visit us this past weekend. On Saturday, some egg coloring occurred. Leo was quite fascinated with the process. He may have colored his hands as well as the eggs.



Maia liked using all the accessories, such as writing her name on the eggs and using stickers. She was very proud of the fact that she knew how to color an egg with two different colors.



I spent quite a bit of good outdoor time working on our trees. I planted two new White Pines. One I planted a couple years ago was doing very well until the deer decided to eat it and to strip it to a spindly twig this past winter. So this time, I have enclosed the new ones inside fences. I also decided to go back and improve the fences on the row of Norway Spruce on our western lot line. Several of these three-year-old trees had grown to crowd their fences. So, I made the enclosures larger and left a space of about 8" below the fencing to ease the mowing and trimming around the trees. I also added mulch to help keep grass and weeds from competing with the trees.



The grandkids were quite fascinated with my tractor. There were several rides, and Maia liked steering around the back yard.


Nana did her best to control the direction of travel.

No comments: