Monday, May 28, 2018

Weekend Fun

Because Betsy's birthday is in middle May, I decided to stop by her home for a long weekend before heading up to the lake for the summer. (Kathie was doing something similar but via the Twin Cities area, as she was assisting Jessica and Mike with some child care.) Being with Betsy and Pete and the three grandkids for a few days was really fun. All the kids greeted me with lots of hugs and smiles. Frederick brought out his own version of "Mini Me", as well as his favorite stuffed monkey.


I got to see Clara play softball. All the girls wear face masks now at all times. She had hers tipped up on her head when I shot this photo through the fence. These young women are really picking up the nuances of the game and are showing some real skill. Clara hit her way onto base a couple of times and obviously knew what to do when the ball was hit her way while on the field.


Betsy and I went out to dinner, just the two of us, one night while Pete stood guard at home. What a nice treat to get to have a little one-on-one time with my daughter. She took me to a fine Italian place, and we may have indulged in oysters, great pasta dishes, and perhaps a martini each.


Henry discovered my new iPhone X and spent quite a bit of time playing with some of its photographic and other features. I may have taken the picture below with the phone's portrait mode, or maybe Henry did this as a selfie. Don't recall for sure, but I do know he is growing up too fast.

No comments: