Saturday, February 02, 2008

Something Happy for a Change

I can hardly believe we were able to pull this off, but we have managed to get everyone's schedules worked out so that we can have a reunion of the first cousins (and spouses, of course) on the Sonnemaker side of my family. Everyone is coming to join Kathie and me at the lake in early June for a long weekend. I'm very excited about this and am thinking up a number of fun ways for us to reminisce when we gather. In the meantime, Here are the cousins at various points in time.

Janice is the only one who seems happy in this picture, although Rex may have been approaching a smile. I'm not sure when this was taken, but 1961 seems like a good bet.


Here we all are a few years later with our grandmother, including young Billy, who, sadly, passed away a couple of years ago. He and an infant brother, Thomas, are both gone and will not be with us, but we will think of them when we gather. Rex, I have another shot of this same pose that was taken at the same time, but all of us had our eyes closed in that one.


I have always liked the following picture, which has us arranged by age. This may have been taken in 1960 or so. Janice has that "real live doll" pose going. Can you say "pedal pushers", "tennies", "crew cut", or "rolled up sleeves?" Signs of the times.


When Kathie and I were married in 1990, all the cousins attended. I think that was the last time we were all together. Obviously, we posed in a similar fashion to the prior picture. Except maybe for the guy with the beard, I think they are a good looking bunch!

No comments: