Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boat Float

Recently, I pulled my radio-controlled boats out of their boxes and tuned them up. After all, with company coming, especially my granddaughter, I thought it would be fun to try them out in the lake. So, here is the Coast Guard cutter. Years ago, the decals that mark it distinctly as a Coast Guard vessel, washed off. So, I got some new ones, but then I failed to get them applied in a timely way. When I tried the other day, they just crumbled to pieces. I have a way to make some new ones now, since the company that made the boat doesn't offer them anymore, but I haven't gotten around to this yet. Anyway, it looks pretty good in the water even without the distinctive orange and blue stripes on its sides.


When Sarah was here, she took a turn operating the boat in the lake.

Here is a short video of the boat in action:


Then yesterday, with Eleanor and her folks here, we took the sailboat for a spin too. I built this one from a kit years ago. When I put it in the water yesterday, I forgot to switch on its receiver, so I had no control over it when the wind took it sailing across the lake. I had to go retrieve it with our big motor boat. After starting over, with the switch now on, Rob took over sailing her.

There is lots of tree pollen in the water right now, so if it looks a little scummy in the picture below, that is the reason.

And here is a short video of the sailboat in action. Rob was sailing it, while I shot the video. You may here Rob, Carrie, and my granddaughter in the background.

No comments: