Thursday, September 02, 2010

Anders' Birthday

On our way back to the lake to spend the month of September, we stopped to see Anders and his parents. Anders has a second birthday coming up, and since we are not going to be able to join the big birthday bash, we thought it would be fun to bring his gifts and celebrate a little early. I made him an easel and a footstool, both of which you can see in use here. He was fond of saying that the footstool let him do pictures "way up high."


I think he is quite the artist.

He appeared to enjoy the gifts.

Will had a dinner to attend the evening we arrived, but while he was away, the rest of us enjoyed some yummy pasta that Sandy whipped up.


The next day, Kathie and I took care of Anders all day, while his preschool was in recess. We had a wonderful time having waffles at the local coffee shop, playing at the playground, playing in the sandbox, and taking wagon and bicycle rides. I forgot to take my camera along when we left the house and missed lots of opportunities for great pictures. I should be ashamed of myself! Later, we spent the evening with Anders so that his folks could go out on a date.

1 comment:

amber c. said...

always impressed with your handiwork, bill!