Monday, August 25, 2014

More Anders

We had a really fun time having Anders stay with us. Here are a few more photographs.

We stopped at Treeland's Resort for ice cream one day, and, of course, Anders spotted their model of the world record musky. He was fascinated by it, but I'm not sure he thought it would be fun to catch one. This particular musky and lots of those still being caught weigh more than he does.


On one of our fishing outings, we stopped for a picnic on an island. Anders wanted to do some swimming, digging in the sand, and rock skipping.



He thought my raisin bread ham sandwich was just weird, even though he had helped me make the bread. He opted for peanut butter and strawberry jelly on whole wheat bread.



Later, we found some hungry bluegill, and he got to catch a few more fish.


I'm enclosing a bonus shot of a tree that was nearby. I've seen it many times and have marveled at it. The tree, a white pine, extends out from the shore by its roots and then turns 90ยบ skyward. Amazing how it clings to life that way. I don't know why a storm hasn't felled it yet, but so far so good. I imagine the shore has eroded away from below its once more secure footing.


No comments: