Friday, March 06, 2015

M&M's

We arrived at Margaret and Murray's home this afternoon. There is a sign at the entrance to their home that says, "Welcome to Paradise." After spending even just a few hours here, we can see why!



At 4PM, Murray invited me to the daily bird feeding. I stood silently nearby as he began to fill the feeders. The birds obviously know him and expect him, because there was soon a serious cacophony of sounds.


This is what I saw almost immediately. Birds came from every direction. I was just completely blown away by the sound, the activity, and the color.


These birds are Lorikeets.


This is a Butcher Bird. There were Koukaburras too, but somehow I failed to capture a picture of one of them. Be assured that I'll be around at 4PM tomorrow to try again.


Later, we went for a walk around the property, and I took pictures of a few of the blossoms I saw.





As you can see, there is lots of color to enjoy, as well as great company. Guests are coming over this evening for dinner, so we will soon begin to meet M&M's friends.

No comments: