Saturday, March 07, 2015

Noosa and Bundaberg

Some of this is a little out of sequence, but I don't suppose you readers will mind much. After visiting the Australia Zoo, we drove to Noosa, enjoying the scenes of the beaches along the way. We stayed overnight there in a very nice inn called Noosa At The Sound. Nearby was a Brazilian-style restaurant called the Samba Cafe. We chose to do the special meal involving bringing several kinds of meat to the table on long spears and then having the server slice portions for each of us. If you like meat, this is the meal for you. We had 11 different meat preparations: chorizo, chicken wings, beef, lamb, and pork--some of these prepared a couple different ways each. There were five side dishes served family style to go along with these.


The following morning we had a fun breakfast in downtown Noosa.




Then during our drive to M&M's, we stopped at a roadside stand for fresh pineapple.


Margaret invited two neighbors to dine with us last evening. She fixed a superb meal of lamb and vegetables, and the conversation was lively and fun. This morning, we drove into Childers so that I could get a haircut, after which we enjoyed a coffee before driving to the city of Bundaberg. Among other things, we shopped at a fresh fish market there to get prawns and oysters for tonight's dinner.


When we were on the cruise, one of the bartenders invited me to try Bundaberg rum and Coke. I have always enjoyed a good run and Coke, and this rum was particularly good. I'm not sure I can get it back home, however. Not surprisingly, the Bundaberg rum is actually distilled in Bundaberg! So, we stopped for a visit, and I am now in possession of a bottle which I will attempt to return to Iowa in my checked luggage in a few weeks. I may also be enjoying a run and coke while I write this!


This is not the bottle I procured.


Kathie and Margaret posed for me at the entrance to the company store. They are buddies.

No comments: