Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patty's Day

When I had my annual physical one year ago, my doctor said that the best thing I could do for myself was to lose some weight. I decided that by the time of this year's physical, I would try to get to 200 pounds. (I had been as high as 223 during this past year.) This morning, I weighed just over 199. That was before the events of this afternoon.

It is St. Patty's day, and for the last several years, our very good friends Dick and Rina have joined us for some beers and a corned beef and cabbage dinner at Micky's in downtown Iowa City.


After this tasty food and a few Guinness beers, we wandered around downtown and eventually splurged on some ice cream as well. Then, we came back to our place and watched a fun movie and enjoyed some red wine (Guinness and red wine are supposed to be healthful, right?).


Well, whatever! We had lots of fun, and I'll just have to starve myself before seeing the doctor on Monday. One has to splurge once in awhile.

No comments: