Saturday, April 21, 2012

Treehouse Part III

Yesterday was a cold, windy, sometimes drizzly, nasty day. However, we did make a fair amount of progress. First, the posts were all cut to the proper height and were then notched to accept the header joists and the first two deck joists.


Several posts were added for the railing at this point, and then we began to put down the deck boards.



Of course, it was inevitable that Henry and Clara would want to climb up at this point.


Henry helped by bringing over the prefabbed house sides that he and I made together two days ago.


After some measuring and adjusting, all four walls of the house were in place. I then took what I consider to be the first official pictures of the treehouse owners in their new digs.



Peter and I finished out the day making the ladder. After this, Betsy and I went to get the last of the materials, including the siding and roofing boards, which are on tomorrow's project agenda.


No comments: