Thursday, April 04, 2013

Wrapping Up and Celebration

On this, our last full day at Disney World, we finally ran into some of the rain that had been threatening all week. Will and Sandy arranged for Anders to experience some Jedi training at Hollywood Studios. Perhaps I can report more on that later. Suffice it for now to say that Anders has a cool new light saber and all kinds of moves to go with it.

Kathie and I decided on a slower start to the day and began with a little more time in Epcot.


Kathie insisted on taking this photo because she said I had not appeared in many. (It's my camera!)


Here is another of those topiary displays, I guess of Cinderella and Prince Charming. No! Wait! I think that's Elvis.


The two of us eventually rendezvoused with Will, Sandy and Anders at the Magic Kingdom so that we could get to some of the rides we had missed a couple days ago. Of course, lunch comes first.


Then it was onto the rides, including It's A Small World, a Winnie the Pooh adventure, and this classic teacup ride.


As the three of them flew past me on each rotation of the ride, I laughed at how Anders worked to spin the cup while his mom tried to get a photo and Will just grinned or laughed.


After we got back to our hotel, we cleaned up and then went out for dinner to celebrate Will's 45th birthday.


Anders talked his dad into one last swim in the pool, and while they were away, the cake and ice cream I ordered for Will was delivered to our room.


Anders helped with the wish and blowing out the candles, after which we all participated in what I hope will be our last over-indulgence in food for awhile.


Tomorrow we head back home. Hope the weather is starting to warm there! We've gotten used to mostly warm days and sunshine!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! It's great to spend time with family like that. I think the topiary you that was Cinderella and Prince Charming/Elvis was really you and Kathie!