Monday, July 22, 2013

Home Again

Henry and I are home again. I think I can speak for him and I know for myself by saying we had a great time and had all sorts of adventures. It was a special privilege to be able to share this kind of time with my oldest grandson, and I thank his parents for "loaning" him to me for the week.

A few closing things! First of all, I was finally able to get a video downloaded of the TVRRM engine being turned on that turntable in Summerville, GA when we did the train ride last week. If you want to see that, either click here or return to the posting called "Olde Tymey Train Ride" (you may see that link at the right of this page) and scroll down to the end, where you will now find the video available.

Finally, here are a few shots of Henry that I thought you might enjoy. This first one shows him "inside" one of the Tennessee Aquarium tanks. I sent this one to his mom and suggested that he was contemplating lunch, although I don't know if he really likes crab or not.


We went to a couple of movies during the week, and although we didn't see Monsters University, I couldn't resist snapping this photograph of Henry. Sully is one of our favorite Pixar characters.


Here is Henry inside the Crowne Plaza hotel in downtown Indianapolis. We stayed there the last night before heading back home. I liked that it continued the theme of trains for our trip. This hotel, like the Choo Choo hotel we stayed at in Chattanooga, also has converted passenger sleeper cars available. We didn't stay in one of these, but it was fun to see them and the other train-related features of this hotel, which is inside the old Indianapolis train station. Indianapolis is really doing nice things with their downtown area. Henry and I would recommend it as a place to visit or stay, and this hotel was very nice.


And last but not least, here is Henry back at home having unboxed and set up his new Lionel electric train. He is also wearing his new Lionel T-shirt. (Thanks, mom, for sharing the picture!) I know that he is sharing the fun with his siblings. Now I just need to help him figure out how to store it in a convenient way.


Trying to get back to my normal routine now. I expect we will head for the lake before long.

No comments: