Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fritz's 1st Birthday

Yesterday was Frederick's (Fritz's) first birthday. Betsy had a party for him last Sunday, to which we were invited. Here is a part of what happened that day (in Fritz's imagined own words):

OK! I'm ready for this party to get underway. Got my bib, and the tray is ready. The decorations are up. Let's get going!


Alright, Mom! Nice cake! Let me have some of that. You can skip all that singing, cuz I want some of that yummy looking chocolate cake.


That's a decent sized piece for starters. No need to get me that silverware. My hands and fingers work just fine.


I don't want to let a crumb go to waste, so licking off the plate works well for that.


I like all of it, the frosting, the chocolate cake part, the sprinkles. Yum!


This is so incredibly good. Why don't you let me eat like this more often?


OK, I'll try to be more dignified. Did I tell you, Mom, how much I appreciate the cake and this party?


Dad, did you see the balloon Mom put up for me? Quit trying to lick my fingers! I'll take care of that myself!


Mom! Mom! Mom! Grandpa's taking pictures of us. Try to cooperate.


Thanks for changing my clothes. I tried to be neat with the cake, but it was so incredibly good, that I may have gotten a little on my clothes. And maybe some in my hair. And maybe a little on my fingers. And around my mouth. Oh! There are gifts. Look over there, Mom. Let's open gifts.


See these cool books I got? Henry? Clara? These are my new books. Mine! Mine! Mine! My grandparents gave me these books. What a great birthday party I had. Thanks everyone. Special thanks to you, Mom and Dad, for making all the arrangements.


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Looks like it was a great birthday party for Fritz. Do I see some resemblance to Grandpa Bill and Great Grandpa Decker? I think so!

benilhalk said...

Seems to be really very special birthday of little boy turning one. Starters and later dinner was served at my mom's birthday celebrated last month. One of the best event venue was booked with lovely services of staff. Liked the dishes and later on desserts in unique crockery. Table runners and furniture was matching as well.