Sunday, July 10, 2016

Catching Up

We've been very busy lately--all through June and into July, actually. That makes keeping up with my postings here difficult. On top of that, I've missed some opportunities to take pictures and now regret that. Oh well. Here is a bit of catch-up.

Rolland and Peg visited us while we were still at the cabin. As with Richard and Rina, we tried fishing for Northerns using big minnows and bobbers and saw quite a bit of action. Here is a bit of that outing.




We came home for the 4th of July and enjoyed seeing Betsy and her family before she and Pete headed off for Switzerland and Paris. Among other things, we attended the Iowa City Jazz Fest one afternoon. On Sunday morning I fixed strawberry pancakes for everyone, including Rob's family. Failed to get any pictures of any of this, unfortunately.

On Wednesday, I helped my good friend Richard finish the deck railing we started in May. Mostly this involved putting a cap on the railing. Richard took this picture when I wasn't looking.


Then it was a kind of cousins's week for me. We had breakfast with Rex and Chris on Thursday, but again, I failed to take a picture or to have one taken. Always enjoy getting together with them at the Bluebird Diner and catching up on things. Friday night, Phyllis and Bob invited us over to have dinner with them plus Ed and Karilyn. Hadn't seen them in quite awhile, so the laughs and memories were so much fun.


We intend to get back to the cabin later this next week.

No comments: