Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!

Today is a good day to remember someone for whom being a mother seemed to come quite naturally. All the good things that can be said about mothers can be said about mine. There was never a question about her being ready to love us, help us, or nurture us. She and Dad may have had Republican, even conservative, tendencies, but somehow they raised a couple of Democrats, who, I like to believe, have open, tolerant, thoughtful stakes in life. Thanks, Mom (and Dad) for that, and a very happy Mothers Day, Mom!


I've wanted for a long time to share this fun old picture that I found of mother. On the back it says, "Honora at Lend-A-Hand." What was she thinking? You've got to love her smile!


Finally, the day would be incomplete without my acknowledging the other wonderful women in my life who are special mothers. One is my darling spouse, and the other is her mother, who has also been a sweet mother to me for these past almost 20 years. Happy Mothers Day to them both!

No comments: