Sunday, May 25, 2008

Playground and Gymnastics

Having fallen behind on my postings, let me report on the day before we started rebuilding Betsy and Pete's porch. Because I had a pickup full of flower boxes and tools, I drove over early to deliver these things and to spend a little time with the grandkids. (Later in the day, we attended Kris's graduation. More on that in the next posting.)

Henry is enrolled in a gymnastics class, as you may know. We arrived a bit early, so there was time for Henry to try out some of the playground equipment.



Clara watched and smiled. I think that little girl must smile 90% of the time! Life must be good for her.


Gymnastics begins with the required stretching.


Clara continued to smile.


Meanwhile, the gymnastics students worked through their exercises. You may notice that not all of them, including Henry, were at all times focused on the teacher's instructions. Betsy says that it must be a little like herding puppies.


Nevertheless, when the class was over, everyone got a sticker and hand stamps. Henry asked for an extra one near his belly button, and I think he was most proud of it.

No comments: