Thursday, June 07, 2012

Family Art

You may recall that we had a big family gathering here recently. Rob's family spent an extra night with us, and after everyone else had left, Eleanor must have been missing all her cousins, aunts and uncles. So, she created this drawing of the entire gathering, and we now have it proudly displayed where nearly all homes keep their most important works of art—on the refrigerator.

I know that I am at the lower left, with Nana (or Grandma Kathie) just to my right. Then Eleanor shows her pop, mom, Penny and herself, all at the lower right. Above them are the various Herr clan members and the Minneapolis contingent plus three dogs. You can all figure out for yourselves who is who. I don't think we want to get into the importance of various family members based on location on the drawing or relative or comparative sizes. Love and inclusiveness is what counts here!


1 comment:

joyceetta said...

Great drawing....and I think i have everyone figured out. But I have a question....why is that dog in the upper left smoking a cigar?