Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Old Truck, New Truck

Here is my Chevrolet Colorado when it was brand new back in very early 2006. It has been a wonderful pickup. It was an extended cab model, but the passenger space was a little tight.


However, out of no special need and more out of a desire just to treat myself, I today took possession of this new Chevrolet Silverado pickup that I bought up here in Wisconsin. (You have to love a pickup with a name like that! Silverado! Cowboys! Also the title of a great, old-fashioned, cowboy-western movie.) Like the Colorado, it has a lined bed and a roll-on bed cover. Unlike the Colorado, it is bigger, blue, and is a crew cab model (full-size passenger rear area at the expense of about 1/2 foot of bed length). This gives us lots more flexibility for travel to/from the lake with passengers, dogs, and cargo. It has lots of bells and whistles, and because I had the good sense to marry a woman who is the daughter of a former General Motors employee, I got an extra set of employee discounts on the price. The local dealer here in Hayward (Don Johnson Motors) was great to work with and gave me a good deal on my trade-in of the Colorado. I highly recommend them!


Here I am looking happy with my new blue pickup. Check out those special wheels, which the dealer had installed as an after-market option. I really like them!


Oh, about the Colorado...there is a highly likely possibility that Will and Sandy will buy the Colorado. That is cool, because then I can visit my old pickup from time to time. I suspect all of us have experienced affection for the various vehicles we have owned over time.

As an example, and even though I've posted this before, here I am with my very first vehicle ever—a 1963 Mercury Meteor. I think this was taken in 1965, when I was a senior at the U of I. Classy, huh? That was a great car. I wonder where it is now? Maybe it is rusting away somewhere or has been crushed and melted and is now some of the steel in my new Silverado! Anything is possible!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your new truck totally becomes you! Kathie