Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Checked Out the Sledding Hills

Kathie took this pretty picture a few days ago!


Yesterday afternoon, Kathie and I went out to check nearby locations for possible sledding opportunities for use when the kids are here in a couple days. Between our place and the bridge downriver, there are several places we found where the land is high and slopes nicely down toward the lake. We walked each of these slopes, and with a little tromping down with snowshoes, they should lend themselves to some fun for saucer sleds and maybe other types.

Anyway, it was a good excuse for me to put my books down, get outdoors, and get some exercise.


Tighe loves being along on any of these types of outings. Kathie gave up on the booties and tried a product called Musher's Secret instead. This is a waxy balm that you apply to a dog's pads and between their toes to help them better tolerate snow, ice, salt, and other winter grime. Seems to work well so far. Locals up here swear by it.


I like snowshoeing better these days than skiing. I don't feel as sure of my ability to stay upright anymore on skis, and as I get older, the prospect of falling just doesn't appeal to me. I get enough aches when I exercise without adding a fall. Nevertheless, it is sure nice to be out and about.


This morning we have a layer of fresh, fluffy snow. Guess I'll get to play with my snowblower again!

No comments: