Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Garage

For the record, my Silverado is as good as new again. It was repaired last week while we were in Colorado.

Also, I may have mentioned before that when I purchased the truck in Wisconsin, I was a little unsure about it fitting through my garage doors back here in Iowa. Well, it did, though barely. If I stopped before entering the garage to fold in each of its side-view mirrors, I could get it through our seven-foot-wide doors with only a few inches to spare on either side. Needless to say, this wasn't the most convenient situation. So, we decided to replace the two garage doors we use for our vehicles with a single door. Eliminating the post would give us quite a bit of room to maneuver.

Here is the end result after yesterday's installation—one door for the garden tractor and a large door for the two vehicles. This may not be quite as attractive as before, but it solves the problem and gives us some better flexibility. Actually, I like it for other reasons too, especially the fact that it feels nice and roomy for loading and unloading and for moving things like our recycling bins out to the curb. I have a little touchup painting to do, but otherwise, we are good to go.

No comments: