Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July at the Lake

After a fun-filled 4th of July weekend in Iowa City, it was time to head back north. Kathie and her mom and the dogs drove directly to the lake, while I rode with Betsy and her family. They had decided to make a brief side trip through Minneapolis to spend a night with Will, Sandy and Anders. So, we all arrived at the lake a day later. Here are two of my young'ns and their families at an authentic Italian pizza place we visited in Minneapolis.

I had the pleasure of riding in the back with my grandkids. Clara entertained me with smiles and stories, and I read her some books.

Henry was in the next seat back, and although he had his nose in a book lots of the time, we had some fun too, including watching a movie together. These cars are very high tech nowadays.

Henry wanted to take a picture of me. I think you can tell I was happy to be with everyone, although I sure can do a goofy smile under such circumstances.

Clara had been all excited about going fishing this year, so when we arrived, it was almost immediately necessary to try some fishing off the dock. She was going to use her mom's 30-year-old Snoopy fishing rod. Bingo! Clara's first ever fish. She caught a couple, as I recall, and Henry caught some too. Clara even likes playing with the worms. She's a real fisherwoman!

After dinner of fish that Kathie and I had caught during our prior time up here, Grandma hauled out the ingredients for S'Mores.

Henry and Clara learned to make these during their annual visit here last year, so they were real pros this time.

Meanwhile, Tighe lounged on the deck.

There is lots more to tell, so check back later!

2 comments:

Stensvaag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stensvaag said...

What fun! Glad we are now seeing all of these through an RSS feed. Beautiful family! (Earlier post deleted due to typos.)