Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Rounds n, n+1, n+2, ...

I've been pretty slow about getting pictures and stories posted. For those of you waiting to see them, my apologies. Subsequent to our first three rounds of Christmas gatherings, we enjoyed having Will's, Rob's, and Betsy's families with us for the day on December 29th. We enjoyed a big ham dinner, opened gifts, and played. Betsy's family and Will's family stayed with us a few nights as well, so we got to see everyone several more times over the following days. Below ar selected pictures taken over the course of those gatherings.

Northwestern played in a bowl game on the 29th, as I recall. Clara was decked out for that occasion. I thought her "Bampa Herr" (a Northwestern alum) might want to see this shot!

Her mother was a little slow getting started that same morning. With grandparents around to help out, it was nice that she could take a little extra time for herself for a change.

We had not seen Anders since October, so we were excited when Will and Sandy showed up with Anders peeking out of his infant seat.

Aunt Betsy grabbed him soon thereafter (she was dressed by then).

Oscar sought out Great Grandma Novy when Rob's family arrived.

And Eleanor said hello to Grandma.

Naturally, I thought Anders was quite well dressed for dinner.

Henry was in charge of passing out lottery scratch tickets prior to the rest of our gift opening.

Grandma and I were very excited to receive the special Christmas tree ornament that Henry made for us.


Here is Henry playing with his new crane.

Eleanor wanted to take a ride on our little roller coaster. Her Dad first set it up in the basement for her, but we eventually moved it upstairs where it got heavy use.


Anders and I spent a bit of time together at the dinner table.

On New Year's Day, he was all decked out for the Hawkeye's appearance in the Outback Bowl.


2 comments:

Betsy said...

Why? Did anyone really need to see that picture of me in my pajamas?

W.F. Decker said...

Hey! I think my little girl looks pretty cute in her PJs.